"We'd been on the lookout for our very own Martha Stewart, someone whom the local viewers could relate to and whose way of doing things could easily be done here using local materials," Tippy Benedicto, Lifestyle Network channel head, told Sharon at Home magazine for its July to September 2010 issue.
Hmmm, local viewers?
One thing I recall about the Megastar is that the bulk of her fanbase lies amongst the C-D crowd, which makes me wonder how exactly her "talking about the virtues of her own herb garden or telling us to organize our linen closet this way, or that X cheese goes with X wine" will resonate with the target audience.
Perhaps I might suggest a few topics that could broaden (and possibly deepen) the appeal of her new show:
- 7 steps to a trendily-furnished two-by-two metre barong-barong
- 1001 ways to serve rice and patis
- How I juggled motherhood and my high-powered labandera career
- Top 5 fastfood backdoor takeouts
- Da Best AM Radio DJs
- Weekend getaways for less than P100
We are open to more suggestions...